Oregon CrossFit pulled out the win on the run with a time of 11:09. Windy City CrossFit came in right behind them with 11:18. In third, the eventual overall champs, Northwest CrossFit finished in 11:27.
The event was a 2500m (approximately) Hill run relay
1. The first athlete will run one lap (approximately 500m) carrying a short piece of PVC.
2. At the completion of the lap, there will be a well marked transition area in which to pass the PVC to the second athlete, who runs one lap with the PVC.
3. This repeats until all four athletes have run one lap with the PVC.
4. The team then runs one final lap together.
5. The clock is stopped when the last athlete crosses the finish line holding the PVC. If the last athlete to cross the line isn't carrying the PVC, the clock stops when that athlete grabs the PVC.
6. There is a 20min cap on this workout.
Obviously, the athlete running fourth had the added pleasure of a second immediate lap with no rest. This made for some interesting team laps!